Written by: Janie Greenthumb
As our favorite holiday of the year approaches and all of the 4/20 events have been cancelled due to COVID-19 (BOO!), you may be wondering how do you still celebrate while keeping your social distance? Here are 5 awesome ideas to celebrate 4/20 this year:
#1 Toke up and chill to your favorite classic stoner movies
Time to grab your favorite weed & munchies then find your cozy spot! Not sure what to watch? We’ve compiled a Top 10 list of our all-time top stoner cult classics:
10. How High
9. Grandma’s Boy
8. Harry and Kumar go to White Castle
6. Get him to the Greek
5. The Big Lebowski
4. Half Baked
3. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
2. Dazed and Confused
1. Any Cheech and Chong movie (They’re all classics!)
#2 Wake and Bake with some Edibles or Percolate some Pot Tea
Nothing is better than freshly baked pot brownies or the smell of pot tea brewing to get you motivated for a fun filled day of celebrations. Here is a recipe for the perfect 4/20 weed tea:
- Grind up half a gram of high-quality cannabis buds.
- Mix your cannabis grounds with just enough butter — about half a tsp — to keep them completely coated.
- Add the mixture to a metal tea ball, coffee filter, or an emptied tea bag. You can also try the direct steeping method and then strain away the plant matter when you’re finished.
- Place the tea material in a pan with 1-2 cups (8-16 ounces) of water. Later, you can adjust the amount of water to fit your tastes. Keep in mind that some of the water will evaporate during the boiling process, so you might want to start with a bit more water than you want to drink.
- Simmer the mixture on medium-high stovetop heat at a low boil for 30 minutes to decarboxylate the cannabis. Keep an eye on the mixture and add a bit more water if the level gets low.
#3 Show your support for cannabis legalization in ALL 50 states
Many people believe that marijuana can be beneficial to our health & wellness and 4/20 is a perfect time to advocate for that. Well how do you do that when you’re stuck at home? Here are a few ways to make your voice heard:
1.Change your social media profiles to reflect your opinion on legalization
2. Email your Legislators and Senators about supporting federal legalization! Here is a link to find your representatives in Washington State:
3. Show off your weed swag proudly! Hang a pot leaf in your window or make a homemade mask out of a pot leaf bandana (They’re so hot right now!)
#4 Give yourself a 4/20 Spa Day
How cool would it be to put on your favorite relaxing tunes, put your feet up and get pampered with an enriching facial? Here is a cool avocado CBD facial mask recipe AND you could totally save some to eat if you’ve got the munchies:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE A CANNABIS FACE MASK
- 1 ripe organic avocado
- 1/4 cup of cannabis oil of your choice
- 2 teaspoons of spirulina powder
- Several drops of fragrant essential oil. Chamomile, lavender and tea tree are all very skin friendly
- Large make-up application brush or shaving brush that you don’t mind getting clogged with organic face mask
- Blender or food processor
HOW TO MAKE A CANNABIS FACE MASK
- Slice open the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out the meat into the food processor.
- Add in your cannabis oil of choice.
- Add the spirulina powder. If you only have tablets crush them with a mortise and pestle first or they may harm the processor blades. Alternatively, soak tablets in a small amount of water until they are dissolved or gelatinous.
- Combine ingredients in the food processor until they are completely emulsified and the mix looks like green cake frosting.
Open your pores by steaming your face for a few minutes and then use your fingers to apply this mushy masterpiece. Sit back and puff, puff pass to yourself (why do you think we have two hands?) And in 20 minutes, rinse to reveal your amazing fresh feeling face!