The origin of 7/10 becoming International Oil Day or “Dab Day” is hazier than a hot boxed car but it has become the holiday that we specifically honor cannabis concentrates! So grab your torch and let’s get lit!!
710 got its’ name because OIL spelled upside down is 710. It is a great holiday to explore what extracts have to offer and figure out which one might work well for you. If you have a low tolerance then make sure to take caution when consuming these cannabis products. They are highly potent and will get you really, REALLY high. They usually contain high levels (>50%+) of THC. This makes them considerably more potent than marijuana flower. For a beginner, one dab will do ya, so go low and slow then get ready to fall in love.
Why do we love concentrates so much??
Because a tiny dollop of cannabis extract flash vaporized on a ultra-hot surface maximizes the amount of cannabis used and provides a stronger, quicker high aka you get instantly high. A lot of cannabis oil enthusiasts like that concentrates are more pure and clean than smoking flower because there is no plant waste to consume. You are maximizing your intake. Smoking smarter, and harder. 🔥
Also there is more discretion when using concentrates. For some cannabis users, it is more convenient to own, carry and store a couple of grams of oil/concentrate than a large bag of buds. Also you can have a stash of several grams of concentrate and have less concern about the smell produced. No one really knows that you are getting high, and you can do it almost anywhere.
Get all your essentials ready!
With 7/10 just around the corner, head on down to your Budeez they have what you need to get ready for the celebrations. Which concentrate is right for you depends on your lifestyle. Got questions? Chat with a friendly budtender!
HOW DO I DAB?
Next comes the paraphernalia. Traditional dabs such as shatter are typically consumed using a dab rig, which requires a dab tool/wand, torch or e-nail, and cannabis concentrate. However, the rising popularity of vape pens and portable dab vapes makes it easier than ever to consume concentrates. You decide what mood your in; or why not both?
Tips for beginners
- Talk to your local friendly Budtenders at Budeez and they can help you get started in oils, extracts, concentrates, and dabs.
- You may want to start with an easy to use vape pen so all you have to do is load the cartridge and you’re good to go.
- You will want to be in a place that you can chill at for a while because you will be really high.
- Go slow, you don’t want to go full throttle unless you are ready to party hard.
Tips for Seasoned professionals
- If you’re hosting a 7/10 party, have a dab station setup with several different concentrates available for people to dab on. Options are good! Better yet, tell everyone it is BYOD (bring your own dabs) and that will bring it to next level!
- Have munchies and drinks nearby so you can hydrate and still fully enjoy your high without leaving the couch.